We all have rights regarding the way our data is processed. You can find out more about them here. They include, among other things, the right to complain about the way your data is being processed. If you have any complaints about the way that I am processing your data I would really appreciate it if you let me know first, so I have an opportunity to rectify the situation.
What information do I collect and why?
I collect a variety of information to enable me to carry out the work I do.I only work with adults so by providing your data you are confirming that you are over 13.
The data I collect includes:
What data is collected and how is it collected?
Identification details, questions and feedback submitted through contact forms and via email.
Identification details provided as entry to competitions, responses to surveys or quizzes.
Identification, behaviours, IP address and other information collected about your use of my website and email.
Information regarding your businesses set up and running provided by email or verbally.
Contact details provided by email or verbally.
Name and email address provided when you sign up to my mailing list.
How your data is used
Respond to your queries and feedback.
I use this data to choose winners, improve services and tailor responses more accurately to your needs.
I use this to understand how people are engaging with my website and marketing in order to better understand what people want. I also use it to ensure my website and IT systems are secure. I may use it to ensure advertising is targeted appropriately.
I use this to help you streamline your business and get more done in less time.
I hold these in order to be able to contact you about mutually beneficial business, referrals or to ask you fancy a coffee and chat.
I send irregular emails to you containing useful info and occasional offers.
My basis for processing your data
Legitimate interest in responding to your contact.
Legitimate interest in growing a better business.
Legitimate interest to run an effective business.
Contractual arrangement to provide consultancy services.
Legitimate interest in growing a strong business network.
You consent to this (and can withdraw at any time).
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails you can easily do this by clicking the link at the bottom of each email or by emailing us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information I collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience. Your information helps me to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps me to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs.
- To process transactions as requested by you.
- To send periodic emails. If you sign up to my email list you will receive emails from me with news and offers.
Information that is passed to me
I sometimes receive information from third parties who may be collecting data on my behalf. Examples include:
- Google Analaytics who manage my website usage information.
I look after this data in the same way as data that is given directly to me.
Disclosing your information
In order to provide the products and services you request and run my business in a lawful and professional manner I may need to share your information with selected third parties. These could include:
- Official authorities who may require access to the information (such as HMRC).
- Advisers who support my business with professional services such as accountants, insurers, lawyers and other business support services.
- Admin and IT service providers who work in my business.
Transfer of Information outside of the European Economic Area
Where possible data will be kept on secure servers within the European Economic Area however for certain services it may be transferred out of the EEA. When this happens, and to maintain the continued protection of your data, I will ensure that either:
- The country to which the data is transferred has equivalent standards of data protection to those offered by GDPR as set out by the European Commission.
- There is a contract in place with the processor that ensures that data security is equivalent to the protection provided within the EU.
- Where the data is transferred to the US, the company providing the service is signed up to the Privacy Shield Agreement.
The security of your data is really important to me. I use best practices to ensure that data is stored safely and where I do need to share data with other people I make sure I share only what is absolutely necessary.
In the event of a data breach I have a Data Breach policy which sets out steps I will take, including informing you and the Information Commissioner of the breach.